In 2012, the annual giving program of Fisk University was given an identity, THE FISK FUND. A national steering committee, comprised of Fisk alumni, was appointed and has worked diligently in rebranding and raising the profile ofTHE FISK FUND. More importantly, working with other alumni, friends, and the advancement team, these dedicated alumni have successfully generated the millions of dollars needed to support the annual operations of Fisk University. Members of THE FISK FUND National Steering Committee are listed below.
- Will Carter ’57 – Washington, DC - Chair
- Linda Brown Coleman, Ph.D. ’70 – Houston, TX
- Mark Crowder '15 - Nashville, TN
- Gina R. Davis '82, GAAFU President - Chicago, IL
- Karriem A. Dean '96 - Brooklyn, NY
- Mary N. Hernandez '62 - Nashville, TN
- James J. Horton ’06 – Nashville, TN
- Kathy Holland Lesley ’68 – Los Angeles, CA – Chair
- Joy McElrath ’71, Co-Chair – Chicago, IL - Chair
- Lillian V. Mills '80 - North Brunswick. NJ
- Antonio Meeks ’96 – Nashville, TN
- Angela J. Nealy '83 - Indianapolis, IN
- Sheila Simmons Tribble, Ph.D. ’68 – Washington, DC and Tampa, FL – Chair
- Robyn Jefferson Sims ’76 – Atlanta, GA
- Richard M. Turner III, D.M.E. ’56– Southfield, MI
- Faye Weaver ’67 – Nashville, TN – Chair
THE FISK FUND is the central component of expendable support for Fisk University. Gifts designated for the annual giving program help to support the educational initiatives of the University including student scholarships, faculty salaries, innovative academic programs, campus technology and academic support services. Annual contributions are crucial to ensuring that Fisk continues to meet its ongoing need for flexible unrestricted income, which support our mission and strategic plans. By joining with alumni and friends, you make it possible for the University to continue to be a competitive institution and to recruit the most talented students.
Giving to THE FISK FUND can be as simple as $18.66 per month, $1,000 or more once per year, or as intricate as stock contributions. No matter the level of gift you provide, you are impacting the advancement of Fisk students and helping to grow the reputation of Fisk University, while enhancing the value of all Fisk diplomas.
The most valuable gifts for Fisk University are unrestricted gifts.
Every year, Fisk faces a budget-balancing act, as do all colleges. While the University is committed to holding down the rate of tuition increases, it also pledges to maintain the highest standards of educational excellence.
Tuition and endowment income, the University’s main sources of operating revenue, cover only part of the expense it takes to operate Fisk University. Annual gifts provide critically needed support to help bridge the gap.
Unrestricted contributions to THE FISK FUND are immediately expendable resources that help meet the University’s current operating expenses. These gifts go to work immediately to support and enhance core programs, pay for scholarships, faculty salaries, new books and journals, and campus maintenance.
This is why unrestricted gifts are so important.
“Why should I give to THE FISK FUND?” Here are some things to consider:
- Your help to provide a student with an education is a great return on your investment
- Increased alumni giving affects college rankings, therefore a higher ranking increases the value of your Fisk degree
- Tuition only covers part of Fisk’s annual operating expenses
- One student, educated at Fisk University, can effect change in the lives of thousands
- You love Fisk and want today’s students to have the same opportunities you have thanks to your education
How to Give to THE FISK FUND:
For additional questions on supporting THE FISK FUND, please contact Aundria (Duncan-Wagner) Green, Ph.D., Director of Annual Giving at (615) 329-8627 or firstname.lastname@example.org