Fisk University Alumni
Alumni are invited to become a part of the Fisk Forever Network Online Community. Connect now. Rediscover old friends, grow your network and ensure the classmates you want to connect with can find you.
Fisk University's supporters represent the university across the nation and around the globe, demonstrating our values of Diversity, Excellence, Teamwork, Accountability, Integrity, Leadership and Service, fulfilling our mission of Cultivating Scholars & Leaders…One By One. Support the University by making a one-time gift or establishing a monthly recurring gift.
Fisk draws strength from its history, which spans 150 years, and also from the diversity of its student body, faculty, and alumni. We learn from each other's experiences and grow together. We are eager to welcome you to our family.
REUNION 2017 SCHEDULE
(CLICK PICTURE TO REGISTER AND JOIN THE FUN!)
Anniversary classes for Reunion 2017 are those ending in 2 and 7. We will highlight the Class of 1942 (Platinum), the Class of 1967 (Golden) and the Class of 1992 (Silver). We will welcome the Class of 2017!
The Renaissance Nashville Hotel, 611 Commerce (downtown Nashville) is the Official Headquarters Hotel for the 2017 Fisk Alumni Class Reunion. Rooms have been reserved for Fisk Alumni. Reservations can be made online at: www.marriott.com. Guests may call in directly with Marriott Reservations: (800) 468-3571 and reference the Fisk University Reunion. The special group rate of $229/night is good through March 27, 2017.
Schedule (as of March 2017)
The following is a brief outline of the activity schedule.
Friday, April 28, 2017
- Registration, 9 am - 8 pm
- Planned Giving Seminar – 11 am – 12:30 pm – Multi-Purpose Room, Spence Hall upper level
- Alumni & Friends Authors Panel, 4-5 pm, Special Collections – John Hope and Aurelia Elizabeth Franklin Library
- Day Party – 4-6 pm – The Yard
- Fisk Alumni College, 1-4 pm, various locations. Attend “mini classes” and catch-up on current selective course
offerings taught by current Fisk professors.
- GAAFU, Inc, Annual Meeting, 6-7 pm, Fisk Memorial Chapel
- Concert - The Orchestrated Crowd featuring Maritri Garrett ’86 – 8 pm – Fisk Memorial Chapel (Ticket included in Registration. $10 at the door)
- Midnight Cruise, 11:45 pm - 2 am, General Jackson Showboat (Casual Attire)
Saturday, April 29, 2017
- Breakfast, 8 am, Adam K. Spence Hall, Cecile B. Jefferson Dining Room
- Yard Fest, 11 am – 4 pm- The Yard
- Silver Sons & Daughters Luncheon, 12 noon, Adams K. Spence Hall – Multi-Purpose Room (Class of 1992)
- Class Photos for Goldens, 12-1 pm, taken at the site of your Class Meeting
- 1942 - Jubilee Hall
- 1947 - Jubilee Hall
- 1952 - Jubilee Hall
- 1957 - Jubilee Hall
- 1962 - Jubilee Hall
- Golden Class of 1967 will hold Class Meeting in The Little Theatre which will be available at 12 Noon.
- Golden Class of 1967 Photo - 3:45 p.m. on steps behind Cravath. Rain location will be in The Little Theatre.
- Class Photos on the steps of the John Hope and Aurelia Elizabeth Franklin Library for the classes listed below, starting at 2 pm, followed by Class Meetings. Rain Location: Henderson A. Johnson Memorial Gymnasium.
- 1972 at 2:00 pm
- 1977 at 2:10 pm
- 1982 at 2:20 pm
- 1987 at 2:30 pm
- 1992 at 2:40 pm
- 1997 at 2:55 pm
- 2002 at 3:10 pm
- 2007 at 3:20 pm
- 2012 at 3:30 pm
- Class Meetings immediately following Class Photo in designated rooms on campus.
- Reunion Gala Banquet, Renaissance Hotel - 7:30 pm. Golden Class of 1967 members will gather in holding room for reception prior to entering the Gala Banquet as a group.
Sunday, April 30, 2017
- Breakfast, 8:00 am, Adam K. Spence Hall - Cecile B. Jefferson Dining Room
- Baccalaureate, 10 am, Fisk Memorial Chapel (Special seating for Class of '92and all Goldens)
- Golden Sons and Daughters Luncheon, 12 noon, Appleton Room - Jubilee Hall
- Class of 1967 Memorial Service, 2 pm, Fisk Memorial Chapel
- Class Photo Pickup, 4-8 pm. Richardson House
- Commencement 2017 Concert Fisk Jubilee Singers, 7:30 pm, Fisk Memorial Chapel
Monday, May 1, 2017
- Breakfast, 8:30 am, Adam K. Spence Hall - Cecile B. Jefferson Dining Room
- Commencement, (Special seating for Class of '92 and all Goldens)
For more information, contact the Office of Alumni Affairs at 800-443-ALUM (2586) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
FISK TO FIFTY CHALLENGE
Goal: To increase the alumni participation rate to 50% by June 30, 2017
The Class of 1979 has issued a challenge to all Fisk alumni classes to increase their alumni participation rate to 50% by June 30, 2017. Under the leadership of Jackie McCoy, Sylvester Anderson, and Victor Dupuy, the Class of 1979 increased their participation rate by 22% during the 2016 Alumni Reunion. Their final participation rate was 47%.
The outstanding Class of 1986 reached an unprecedented 73% giving in the 2015-16 year. Under the leadership of Terrance A. Hurd. What an accomplishment!
Ways you can support:
- Make a one-time donation of a minimum of your class year. Example $19.79
- Set-up a monthly recurring gift.
- Schedule an annually recurring gift .
- All your gifts will be applied to your class gift
- Improves our chance for funding with corporations
- Each person will receive a Fisk to Fifty pin